The KDL Group of Companies offers Forestry and other consulting services based out of the northern region of British Columbia. KDL provides services to governments, industries and Indigenous clients in forestry and other natural resource sectors. The KDL Forestry divisions offers a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe and healthy work environment.
This is a full time position out of our Mackenzie office. The successful candidate will assist our current team of professionals within our timber development program.
Forestry GIS Technician Analyst work closely with other forestry professionals in managing, conserving, and harvesting forests.
Collecting data to inform the decision-making process, as well as compliance monitoring. This position plays a key role in the management of the KDL’s forest resources, contributing to the balance of sustainability and demand for wood products.
Provide technical support for internal field staff as well as consultants. This role will manage and maintain Geographic Information Systems (corporate spatial database as well as aspect if the PHOENIX tenure tracking).
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Post-Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Post-Secondary education in geographic information systems
- Previous experience in related work is an asset
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Safe work mindset is required
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in the context of a larger professional group within a broader forestry and operational logging context
- Diverse range of industrial, Indigenous clients , governments, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company
For those who love to live and play where they
work – the Prince George and Mackenzie regions offer a bounty of recreational
- Fishing and hunting;
- Hiking, biking, running, and golfing;
- Skating, snowshoeing, cross-county skiing, downhill skiing, and curling;
- Music festivals and Art programs;
- ATV, snowmobile, and horseback riding;
- Boating, camping, and more!
These communities offer affordable housing costs, low taxes, and a 1-hour direct flight to Vancouver from Prince George, BC.
Opportunity of a lifetime: Exciting Career with flexible holidays, work-life integration, and offer personal time off to help maintain balance.
Did we piqué your interest?
Then email your resume including cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Forestry GIS / Analyst