Are you a Controller looking to be a part of an organization who has the right staff?
Looking for a company whom stands for the right Core Values?
Integrity Honesty Passion Professionalism Customer Focused Community Oriented
KDL Group – Fall River in Courtenay, BC is currently recruiting for a Divisional Controller with exceptional talent, skills and abilities to be part of their team.
The KDL GROUP is a group of companies whom have combined resources development and forest management into a 40 year SUCCESS story in one of British Columbia’s most beautiful and remote Forestry Districts; namely throughout the Prince George, Fort St. James, Mackenzie and Courtenay BC Forest Districts.
This Divisional Controller position will be responsible for several key areas – office administration and the supervision of the administrative staff; payroll for both employees and Fall River contractors; and full cycle of accounting and finances for the Fall River division. This would include financial statement and month ends; its GL and reconciliations; AP and AR which will include building and maintaining professional relationships with Fall River’s customer and vendors alike. Other responsibilities will be finance auditing and taxes; banking; fixed assets and budgeting; Fleet and insurance; contract administration; and very importantly, adhering to the Health and Safety Program.
Experience & Qualifications
- Professional Accounting Designation with 5+ years of progressive experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Designated CPA (CA, CGA) is an asset;
- Full cycle accounting experience (preparing journal entries, working papers, financial statements, notes, lead sheets, etc.);
- Experience in audit and internal controls, business processes implementation is required.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization
- Track record of successfully coaching, developing and managing a team
- Experienced working with a mid-size ERP system is an asset
- Valid BC driver’s license
Perks with working with the KDL Group of companies:
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits & Pension Plan
- Great and Safe Work Environment
- Professional On-going development
Opportunity of a lifetime: Exciting Career with flexible holidays, work-life integration, and offer personal time off to help maintain balance.
Did we pique your interest? Then email your resume including cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Divisional Controller – Fall River.