Immediate opening for Experienced and Professional Forestry Field Supervisor – Mackenzie BC.
The KDL Group of Companies is a 40 year SUCCESS story with combined services and resources of experienced development of Forest Management in one of British Columbia’s most beautiful and remote Forestry Districts; namely throughout the Fort St. James and Mackenzie Forest Districts.
We provide services to government, industry and First Nations clients in forestry and other natural resource sectors. This team offers a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe and healthy work environment.
We are seeking an experienced and professional Forestry Field Supervisors to join our team. Please recognize candidates will need to be flexible in building new skills and exploring diverse opportunities.
Note: all projects are located throughout northern BC and will require some camp shifts; understand that this role will be working majority in the field with some office work.
As a Forestry Field Supervisor, your responsibilities will cover:
- Field duties including GPS traversing, timber cruising, timber reconnaissance, road and block layout, site plan data collection and riparian assessment
- Timber development coordination from reconnaissance to cutting permit and road permit application
- Log quality as well as client and subcontractor relations
- Supervision of contractors and field technicians
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5 years plus of previous experience in related work
- Post-secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Preference given to those able to register with ABCFP
- Must be able to demonstrate competencies in all phases of timber development including supervision
- Must operate with professional independence and strong communication
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Safe work mindset is required
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Full Time, year-round work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in the context of a larger professional group within a broader forestry and operational logging context
- Great company owned camp facilities
- Diverse range of industrial, First Nations, government, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company
For those who love to live and play where they work – the Prince George, Fort St, James and Mackenzie regions offer a bounty of recreational activities including:
fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, running, and golfing; skating, snowshoeing, cross-county skiing, downhill skiing, and curling; music festivals and art programs; ATV, snowmobile, and horseback riding; boating, camping, and more!
These communities offer affordable housing costs, low taxes, and a 1-hour direct flight to Vancouver from Prince George, BC.
Opportunity of a lifetime: Exciting Career with flexible holidays, work-life integration, and offer personal time off to help maintain balance.
Did we pique your interest? Then email your resume including cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Forestry Supervisor