Forestry Supervisor – Northern British Columbia
The KDL Group of Companies offers Forestry and other consulting services based out of the northern region of British Columbia. KDL provides services to governments, industries and Indigenous clients in forestry and other natural resource sectors. The KDL Forestry divisions offers a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe and healthy work environment.
We are seeking an experienced Forestry Field Supervisor to join our team. Our Forestry Field Supervisors organize and implement timber development projects. As such, candidates need to be flexible in building new skills and exploring diverse opportunities.
Note: all projects are located throughout northern BC and will require some camp shifts; understand that this role will cover both field and office work environment.
As a Forestry Field Supervisor, you may provide:
- Field duties including GPS traversing, timber cruising, timber reconnaissance, road and block layout, site plan data collection and riparian assessment
- Timber development coordination from reconnaissance to cutting permit and road permit application
- Log quality as well as client and subcontractor relations
- Supervision of contractors and field technicians
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- 5 years plus of previous experience in related work
- Must be able to demonstrate competencies in all phases of timber development including supervision
- Post-secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Preference given to those able to register with ABCFP
- Must operate with professional independence and strong communication
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Safe work mindset is required
- Full Time, year-round work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in the context of a larger professional group within a broader forestry and operational logging context
- Great company owned camp facilities
- Diverse range of industrial, Indigenous clients, government, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company
For those who love to live and play where they work – the Prince George, Fort St, James and Mackenzie regions offer a bounty of recreational activities including:
fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, running, and golfing; skating, snowshoeing, cross-county skiing, downhill skiing, and curling; music festivals and art programs; ATV, snowmobile, and horseback riding; boating, camping, and more!
These communities offer affordable housing costs, low taxes, and a 1-hour direct flight to Vancouver from Prince George, BC.
Opportunity of a lifetime: Exciting Career with flexible holidays, work-life integration, and offer personal time off to help maintain balance.
Did we piqué your interest?
Then email your resume including cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Forestry Supervisor