Forestry Technician – Northern British Columbia
The KDL Group of Companies offers Forestry and other consulting services based out of the northern region of British Columbia. KDL provides services to governments, industries and Indigenous clients in forestry and other natural resource sectors. The KDL Forestry divisions offers a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe and healthy work environment.
These are full time field positions that are hands-on with limited office work. The successful candidate will assist our current team of professionals within our timber development program.
Note: the KDL Forestry work projects are located throughout northern BC and may require camp shifts.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- GPS traversing
- Road and block layout Timber reconnaissance
- Riparian classification
- Stream classification
- Timber cruising
- Site Plan (SP) Data collection
- Work in the primarily fieldwork responsibilities
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- 2 years plus of previous experience in related work
- Post Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Preference given to those able to register with ABCFP
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in the context of a larger professional group within a broader forestry and operational logging context
- Great company owned camp facilities
- Diverse range of industrial, Indigenous clients , governments, and bio-energy sector clients
- Progressive and innovative company
For those who love to live and play where they work – the Prince George, Fort St, James and Mackenzie regions offer a bounty of recreational activities including:
fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, running, and golfing; skating, snowshoeing, cross-county skiing, downhill skiing, and curling; music festivals and art programs; ATV, snowmobile, and horseback riding; boating, camping, and more!
These communities offer affordable housing costs, low taxes, and a 1-hour direct flight to Vancouver from Prince George, BC.
Opportunity of a lifetime: Exciting Career with flexible holidays, work-life integration, and offer personal time off to help maintain balance.
Did we piqué your interest?
Then email your resume including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Forestry Technician