Immediately openings for a Forestry Technician– Prince George BC.
The KDL GROUP, with its newest member company, Kim Forest Management Ltd. (KFM) offers Forestry and other consulting services based out of the beautiful Prince George Region of British Columbia. We provide services to government, industry and First Nations clients in forestry and other natural resource sectors. This team offers a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe and healthy work environment.
These are full time positions that are hands-on and consist of both field and office work. The successful candidate will assist our current team of professionals within our timber development. This is a full time field position, with limited office work.
Note: our work projects are located throughout northern BC and will require camp shifts.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- GPS traversing
- Road and block layout Timber reconnaissance
- Riparian classification
- Stream classification
- Timber cruising
- Site Plan (SP) Data collection
- Work in the primarily fieldwork responsibilities
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Post Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Preference given to those able to register with ABCFP
- 2 years plus of previous experience in related work
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Supervision is an asset
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently with little supervision
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment year round
- Competitive Total Compensation Package, with benefits.
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in the context of a larger professional group within a broader forestry and operational logging context.
- Great company owned camp facilities.
- Diverse range of industrial, First Nations, government and bio-energy sector clients.
- Progressive and innovative company,
For those who love to live and play where they work – the Prince George, Fort St, James and Mackenzie regions offer a bounty of recreational activities including:
fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, and golfing; skating, snowshoeing, cross-county skiing, downhill skiing, and curling; music festivals, arts and, running; Recreational: ATV, snowmobile, boating, horseback riding, camping, and more!
These communities offer affordable housing costs, low taxes, and a 1-hour direct flight to Vancouver from Prince George, BC.
|Fort St. James, BC||www.fortstjameschamber.ca||www.fortstjames.ca|
|Prince George, BC||https://tourismpg.com/our-story||www.princegeorge.ca|
Opportunity of a lifetime: Exciting Career with flexible holidays, work-life integration, and offer personal time off to help maintain balance.
Did we peek your interest?
Then email your resume including cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: Forestry Technician