We will endeavor to build and maintain strong and respectful relationships with Indigenous communities and people that we work with.
We will work collaboratively with Indigenous communities to realize the benefits of transparent business relationships
We commit to investing in the communities that we work with by supporting local initiatives and events, providing positive impacts on the community
|Education and Employment:
We seek ways to improve our strategies and resources specific to the inclusion, hiring, and retention of Indigenous people within the KDL workforce.
- Identify areas for mutually beneficial business opportunities and promote opportunity for Indigenous engagement and participation
- Develop a greater understanding of Indigenous perspectives and increase understanding of Indigenous history, cultures, and traditions through education and awareness programs for KDL personnel
- Strive to attract and retain Indigenous employees at all levels of our organization
- Support the development of socioeconomic capacity in the communities where we operate through community investment to generate long-term, mutual benefits
Our Indigenous Policy Statement defines our commitments and provides a scaffold by which to attain our goals. At KDL we strive to have all employees and contractors carry out our collective goals through education and cultural awareness programs ensuring our business decisions and workplace environment reflects an inclusive corporate culture. Working closely with Indigenous communities and people, KDL will foster these relationships and develop strategies to improve business development opportunities for shared success.
Responsibility and Accountability
The responsibility and accountability for Indigenous Engagement begins with senior leaders at KDL. We will support our employees in learning about the traditions, values and perspectives of Indigenous peoples for our shared success. To ensure our Indigenous Policy Statement is communicated, understood, and successfully implemented, we have developed a corresponding Indigenous Relations Policy Guide. This Guide outlines the strategies and milestones required to ensure our commitments are met and objectives obtained. As outlined in the KDL Indigenous Relations and Engagement Policy Guide, our performance is measurable through four pillars of success.
- Cultural Education and training for KDL employees and contractors
- Community Engagement
- Indigenous employment and training
- Community Benefit
The four areas are evaluated through Key Performance Indicators and reported to KDL leadership on a bi-annual basis to ensure that KDL is making progress in our plan. Our commitment to Aboriginal engagement and inclusion is indicative of our drive for excellence in corporate social responsibility and desire to further develop our business in collaboration with the Indigenous communities where we work.
Copyright 2018 KDL Group