The KDL Group is excited to announce an opening for an experienced Manager of Finance Administration to join our team. We are a dynamic, growing, and most of all, fun, logging/forestry company, with strong ties to the local Fort St. James community and a culture built on professionalism, passion, integrity, and a strong customer focus. This position offers you the opportunity to lead our close-knit administrative group in wide range of key finance and support functions. The role promises a great work experience, fast-pace with a variety of challenges and never a dull moment. Reporting directly to our VP of Finance, you’ll be working collaboratively with our Corporate Controller and our Divisional General Managers, with highlights of your key responsibilities that include:
- Managing the general office staff including the key areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Subcontractor Pay.
- Mentoring, coaching, and developing staff, building a cross-functional team while working to optimize administrative functions.
- Serving as a key point of contact for other departments and coordinating the flow of financial information between Finance, Forestry, and Operations.
- Managing transactional information to insure data is captured in a timely, efficient manner that supports operations and senior management analytics.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Sound understanding of transactional accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, contracts, and management of people.
- 10-15 years hands on management experience in people management.
- Strong background in forestry and/or logging industry with an understanding of the business and its operational flow.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional ability in dealing with and motivating staff.
- Strong communication and people management skills.
- Proven ability at solving problems, dealing with complex situations, and multitasking.
- Detail orientated
- Advance Excel and general computer skills
- Confidential and ethical
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to build positive relationships with internal team and customers
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com Subject: Manager of Finance Administration. This position will remain open until filled – we thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those short listed will be contacted. We only consider candidates eligible to work in Canada.