Professional Forester (RPF) – Northern British Columbia
The KDL Group of Companies offers Forestry and other consulting services based out of the northern region of British Columbia. KDL provides services to governments, industries and Indigenous clients in forestry and other natural resource sectors. The KDL Forestry divisions offers a challenging and rewarding career experience in a respectful, safe and healthy work environment.
Currently the KDL Forestry division is seeking a ProfessionalForester with experience in, but not limited to, forestry project management and supervision, forest ecology and site plans, higher-level plans, forest operations, tenure management and administration, and Indigenous engagement. As an analytical thinker and effective communicator, you plan, organize and coordinate a range of projects and activities to achieve client goals. Typical responsibilities of the Planning Forester include:
- Client and subcontractor liaison;
- Tenure administration support services and operational plan development including management plans, forest stewardship plans, and site plans;
- Professional forestry advice and direction;
- Field work and site visits for the purpose of practicing forestry;
- Project work plan development, budgeting, and resourcing;
- Timber development coordination from reconnaissance to cutting permit and road permit applications;
- Submission of milestone and activity completion updates to RESULTS; and
- Other matters related to professional forestry.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required
- Post Secondary education in the natural sciences and/or technical forestry is preferred
- Must be a Forester; registered to practice with ABCFP as an RPF
- 3 years plus of previous experience in related work
- Proven Supervisory skills in related field
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time fieldwork in all conditions
- Safe work mindset is required
- Full Time work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Total Compensation Package
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in the context of a larger professional group within a broader forestry and operational logging context.
- Great company owned camp facilities.
- Diverse range of industrial, Indigenous clients, governments and bio-energy sector clients.
- Progressive and innovative company
For those who love to live and play where they work – the Prince George, Fort St, James and Mackenzie regions offer a bounty of recreational activities including:
fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, running, and golfing; skating, snowshoeing, cross-county skiing, downhill skiing, and curling; music festivals and art programs; ATV, snowmobile, and horseback riding; boating, camping, and more!
These communities offer affordable housing costs, low taxes, and a 1-hour direct flight to Vancouver from Prince George, BC.
Opportunity of a lifetime: Exciting Career with flexible holidays, work-life integration, and offer personal time off to help maintain balance.
Did we pique your interest?
Then email your resume including cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Professional Forester