The KDL Group, with its newest member company, Kim Forest Management Ltd. (KFM) will be offering Summer Student Programs for this summer of 2020; based from several beautiful locations in Northern British Columbia:
Fort St. James BC Prince George BC Mackenzie BC
KDL provide services to government, industry and Indigenous clients in forestry and other natural resource sectors. This team offers a challenging and rewarding experience in a respectful, safe and healthy work environment.
The successful candidate will assist our current team within the timber development and Silviculture departments. This is a primarily field based position with limited office work. Camp stay and overtime hours may be required.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- GPS traverse and road surveys
- Timber reconnaissance and cruising
- Road and block development
- Riparian Assessment
- Site Plan data collection
- Silviculture surveys
Skills and Requirements Include:
- Post-secondary education in Forestry or the natural sciences preferred
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time field work in all conditions
- Ready to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations.
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently as necessary.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license and experience driving in off road conditions an asset
- Full Time summer work in a Safe Work Environment
- Competitive Compensation
- On-going Professional Mentoring and Training
- Working in the context of a larger professional group within a broader forestry and operational logging context.
- Great company owned camp facilities.
- Diverse range of industrial, Indigenous clients, government and bio-energy sector clients.
- Progressive and innovative company,
Opportunity of a lifetime! Did we pique your interest?
Check out our website at www.kdlgroup.net for more information about the KDL Group of Companies as well, as how this Summer Student Program opportunity can benefit your learning and growth of experience.